FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What days are the games played?
- Games are mostly played on Sundays throughout most of the day.
What times are the games played?
- The Learn to Play program plays Sunday Mornings around 9:00am and the other divisions follow in order of age.
Where are the games played?
- Games are played at local London Arenas please see our Arenas page for Maps
How many games per week?
- The kids will play one game per week.
How many games in total for the season?
- In total, the minor program offers 10 games including playoffs
Do the kids have practices?
- The main program does not have practices, however, players selected for the Provincial Championships will have practices as scheduled by their coaches.
Do you have programs for girls and boys?
- The LMBHL is a co-ed league where boys and girls play together.
When does the season start and end?
- The season starts in mid-April and continues until late June. In July our Provincial Team will compete in the OBHF Provincial Tournament against other cities across the province. The tournament usually takes place in early to mid-July.
What equipment is required?
What are the Ball Hockey Rules?
What are the age groups?
The age groups are as follows (year of birth):
- Learn to Play: 2018-2019-2020
- Under 8: 2016-2017
- Under 10: 2014-2015
- Under 12: 2012-2013
- Under 14: 2010-2011
- Under 16: 2008-2009
- Under 18: 2006-2007
What is the cost to register?
- The cost for the programs are as follows: $209-
- Learn to Play Program is $159-
*** The rates are reduced by $10- for Early Bird (Before February 1, 2024)
*** There is a family discount of $10- off per additional registration.
How do I register?
- Registrations can be made online by clicking here to register.
What do I get with my registration fee?
- All registered players will receive a player package consisting of team Jersey, shorts and socks. Players will have league games officiated by CBHA certified referees, an OBHF membership with insurance coverage. All stats officially recorded on the league website and a chance to play Provincially for our Hamilton Tigers program and Nationally through CBHA sanctioned events.
Can I sponsor?
- Yes absolutely! Please visit our Sponsor Page for more information and best of all you get a FREE registration just by registering to be a sponsor! Register Here
How do I become a Head Coach or Assistant Coach?
*Please note emails will be responded to daily and calls will be returned Saturdays between 10:00am-12:00pm.
*** All Coaches must have a proper Vulnerable Sector Check completed with documentation.
Are there different divisions for different skill levels?
- The League is mainly considered house league program, however, any kids that want to play more competitively can try out for the Provincial Representative Teams. For more information please email us.
What and when are the OBHF Provincial Championships?
- The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Provincial Championships are Tournaments held in July. All participating leagues from Ontario send teams in hope of winning a Provincial title. The location of the tournaments vary by year and are held in early/mid-July.
How can I play for the Provincial Tournament Team?
- The opportunity is open to all the members. The Coaching staff selected by the LMBHL will scout players during the course of the season. If there are too many players in an age group interested in playing then the league will select the players that will best represent the program.